Edinburgh Boiler Servicing
We have over 120 5 * boiler servicing reviews from happy customers in and around the Edinburgh area. Get in touch today to find out how we can help you across Edinburgh.
Over 1000 Boilers Installed
Founded 10 Years
Emergency Call Out 24 Hours
Fully Qualified & Gas Safe
What Do You Get?
Edinburgh Boiler Servicing
When you arrange a Boiler Service & repairs with SD Plumbing, here is what you can expect from our service:
- Firstly, we will do a visual inspection of the boiler in your property. This will flag up any initial defects that can be seen visually. This first inspection will also allow us to ensure your boiler meets safety regulations.
- It’s then time to turn on your boiler. We can then conduct a test of your boiler to ensure it starts properly.
- The next important of a boiler service is to check the components of the boiler. From the fan to the injectors, we cover all components to ensure they are working effectively.
- Pipework is also very important. So for the next part of the service, we will check the connections and pipework of the boiler.
- We will then take readings using our gas analyser to ensure the boiler is working properly. We will also make sure it’s running to the specifications laid out by the manufacturer.
- For the next part of the service, we will check the gas rate to ensure the right amount of gas is burning.
- It’s also very important to check the working pressure which is equated via the boiler and gas meter
- We will also clean out the system filter if your boiler has one and the condensate trap.
Once we have completed this service, we can give you a certificate which is often known as a CP6 serving certificate which you can put with all the important documents for your boiler.
3 Easy steps
To Your Boiler Servicing In Edinburgh
Get In Touch
Get in touch with us to we can arrange.
Book a Time
Book a time that works for you or your tenants.
We come and service your boiler.
SD Plumbing & Heating Benefits
Book Today Around Your Schedule
Get in touch today to book your boiler service by local specialists. We can work around your schedule to make it as easy as possible for you.
Boiler Service Gas Safe Certificate
With every boiler service we do, you’ll get a gas safety certificate. These are required by law if you’re a landlord, or you’re selling your home.
Locally Based Boiler Servicing In Edinburgh
We’re based in Edinburgh! By working with us you’d be supporting a locally based company and also benefit from high quality boiler service and repair services. Fully accredited boiler repair engineers.
What Clients Say about us
We are trusted by hundred’s of satisfied customers
Shaun was very quick to come and quote for a new boiler installation and responded to text and email efficiently. Any questions I had were answered instantly and he was reassuring. The price quoted was excellent and compared to others for the same/better service. The job was done at the agreed time and at the agreed length of time and issues were resolved quickly and efficiently. Shaun and his team are polite and helpful and I will use them again.
SD Plumbing are very professional and efficient at dealing with all plumbing issues at my rented HMO Flat, Central Edinburgh. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. Thank you Shaun for a brilliant service.
I decided to have my old bathroom converted into a shower room a couple of years ago so asked Shaun to give me a quote. I have used Shauns services in the past for minor plumbing repairs as well fitting a new gas boiler so, because he had done such excellent work for me I was happy to contact him again. The quote for the work was very reasonable so I accepted it. Shaun went above and beyond to help me decide what kind of sink unit, toilet, shower, wall panels, flooring, new ceiling with down lights etc. I was absolutely delighted with the finished result and still am. Shauns work was exceptionally good and was done in record time. All clean up work was carried out to perfection. I highly recommend Shaun.
SD plumbing and heating were brilliant, they sent an engineer round very quickly to inspect my boiler and then gave me a very fair quote for a replacement. Shaun and the guys were great at communicating when things would be done and had it all sorted within a couple of days and left everything in perfect condition. Thank you!
Great communication between myself and the tenants. Regularly updated on the progress of parts being ordered, expected arrival and arrangements with getting access to the property. Boiler fixed and agreed to delay the bathroom work until such times the property can be vacated for a couple of days.
Signs Your Boiler Needs A Service
Here are some of the top signs that you need to get in touch as your boiler is ready for a service:
- If your boiler is significantly noisier than usual or the fan has started to make a loud noise, this is a sign something might be amiss with your boiler.
- Additionally, if the pump starts making a loud noise, this is a sign that something is wrong with your boiler.
- If you find that the boiler is at a hotter temperature than normal and is overheating, you need to have a service.
- We also need to come for a service if you are constantly refilling the boiler.
- Another problem that requires a service is if you need to reset the boiler regularly.
- If you notice stains on or around the boiler, this is a sign that something isn’t right.
- On older boilers in particular, if you find the pilot light keeps switching off, this is also a sign that you need a service.
- A yellow flame is also a warning sign that something isn’t working properly.
A lot of people opt to have a boiler service yearly to ensure everything is working effectively.
Benefits Of Keeping Up To Date With Your Servicing
Here are some of the top reasons why you should keep up to date with servicing:
- A boiler service can identify any potential issues that could stop them from escalating into big problems that will require a more significant, costly fix.
- Protecting the safety of your household, boiler services can help to spot any potential, hazardous leaks. These could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning if the boiler isn’t properly maintained.
- A boiler service can lead your boiler to run more efficiently which can save you money in the long run.
- Tasks completed during a boiler service can also mean less carbon emissions when your boiler is running after the service.
- A boiler service is important if you want to sell in the future. Ensuring you have an official certificate will help you prove to potential buyers that your boiler is in good order.
- A boiler service will ensure your boiler meets all the required regulations as well as the Gas Safe regulations so that it is safe and legal on your property.
- Regularly servicing your boiler can delay the necessity of needing to replace and fit a new boiler if it’s kept in a good condition.
Get in touch today with our team at SD Plumbing to arrange a Boiler Service.
You've got questions? We've got answers!
- Boiler Servicing